Self esteem is related to your self worth and your value. Building self esteem is
a first step towards your happiness and a better life.
Self esteem increases your confidence. If you have confidence you will respect yourself.
If you respect yourself you can respect others, improve your relationships, your achievements and your happiness....
Low self esteem causes depression, unhappiness, insecurity and poor confidence. Other's
desires may take preference over yours. Inner criticism, that nagging voice of disapproval inside you, causes you to stumble
at every challenge and challenges seem impossible.
How to improve your esteem and confidence
1. Face your fears - they aren't as bad as you think they are. Facing
your fears increases your confidence.
2. Forget your failures - learn from them. Avoid making the same mistakes
again but don't limit yourself by assuming you failed before so you can't succeed this time. Try again, you're wiser and stronger. Don't
be trapped in the past!
3. Know what you want and ask for it. You deserve your dreams to come true.
4. Reward yourself when you succeed. No-one else will! Isn't everything easier
when you take time to help yourself?
5. Talk - We often make assumptions about a situation or person
which are not true. Your attitude and behaviour can be negatively affected so if you have any doubt or question ask and don't
assume you know why or how. Don't be defeated! Try something else. You are not going
to be defeated by one failed attempt are you? Doesn't everyone fail before they succeed? All you need is a different approach.